Saturday, August 16, 2008
Why don't they tell you this in the classes?
So, I am really bugged about everything that I think they should have told us in the prenatal and breastfeeding classes. I'm not talking about the labor itself but what follows it. Why don't they tell us about how to take care of ourselves after the labor? So, after a woman gives birth she bleeds (like a period-its called lochia) for a while after. Why didn't they ever mention that in my classes? It would have been nice to know. It also would have been nice to know how long of a process and how complicated it would be for me to go to the bathroom since I delivered vaginally. :( I have to use a spray bottle instead of toilet paper to spray clean and if the sink is very far from the toilet I have to have my hubby come with me to the bathroom to keep refilling the water for me. Its a pain. It also would have been nice to know in advance that babies have a little mini period and sometimes lactate because they have so much of their moms hormones. It made me real nervous when my baby started letting down breastmilk, but apparently its normal. I just wish they could have taught us more of what we would need to know immediately following delivery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment